Permanent staff position for a Marine Engineer to work the companies’ Marine Plant, including multicats and the coastal tug the ‘Venture’.
The role will be primarily based from Eastham on a daily basis, however flexibility in short trips away would be expected.
Location: Eastham, Wirral
Salary: Approx. £28,000, plus regular overtime
Working Hours: 08:00 – 17:00, Monday – Friday
Closing date: 19th July 2019
- Responsible for supporting the maintenance of the vessels and liaising with the Marine Superintendent to ensure the full technical readiness of vessels to meet the service commitments of the operating location.
- Responsible for the operation of the vessels engines, generators and associated machinery and equipment when working.
- Carrying out routine maintenance and repairs as and when required, and to taking responsibility for ensuring that the Planned Maintenance System is carried out onboard in consultation with the shoreside engineer.
- Ensuring proper administration of all technical related activities on the vessels, timely reporting, keeping of appropriate records, etc.
- Liaising closely with the Marine Superintendent at all times to arrange repairs, either internally or with external contractors.
- Actively participating and supporting health and safety.
- Assisting the deck crews when required.
- Previous experience as a marine engineer.
- Approved Engine Course (preferable).
- ENG1 Seafarer Medical Certificate or equivalent (preferable).
- Following STCW 95 certificates (preferable);
- Personal Survival Techniques
- Fire Prevention and Fighting
- First Aid
If you feel you are right for this role please submit a copy of your CV, including contact details, below: